Here we are offering 2nd year chemistry chapter 6 notes (Transition Elements) for all Punjab boards. You can download there notes in PDF forat for free.
|12th Chemistry Chapter 6 Notes: Transition Elements|
2nd Year Chemistry Chapter 6Properties, preparation and structure of transition elements and their compounds have been discussed in this chapter. Transition elements may be defined as those elements which have partially filled d or f-subshells in atomic state or in any of their commonly occurring oxidation states. The d-block and the f-block elements are called transition elements because they are located between the s and p-block elements and their properties are in transition between the metallic elements of the s-block and nonmetallic elements of the p-block.
Major Concepts of 2nd Year Chemistry Chapter 6 (Transition Elements) are given below.
- Typical And Non-Typical Transition Elements
- Properties of Transition Elements
- General Characteristics
- Complex Compounds
- Components of Complex Compounds
- Geometry of Complexes
- Commercial Forms of Iron
- Wrought Iron
- Manufacture of Wrought lron from Cast Iron
- Manufacture of Steel.
- Open Hearth Process
- Bessemer's Process
- Electrochemical Theory
- Prevention from Corrosion
- Tin Plating or Coating Iron with Tin
- Galvanizing or Zinc Coating
- Chromates and Dichromates
- Potassium Chromate
- Potassium Dichromate
- Potassium Permanganate (KMnO4)